beauty | compassion | love
The Big Zit
Here is the sequence of events:
- My heartfelt prayer that God will help me love and show great care for my new Spanish students.
- Looking in the bathroom mirror the night before the school open house, when I will meet all of these students for the first time.
- Seeing humongous zit on chin. Horror.
- The Spirit whispers to my soul, Remember what it was like to be a teenager? The insecurity? The end-of-the-world blemish on prom night?
- A more passionate prayer that God will help me care about these students.
- Thanking God for the zit.
Question for the day: What difficulties might God have allowed or be allowing in your life, in order to build your compassion for others?
“The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.” (Psalm 145:9 NIV)
Oh that is too funny. I looked in the mirror tonight and saw a big zit on my nearly 40 year old self and thought about it the same way — a better way to connect with the girls I mentor.
By the way, I think I cam across your site via a guest post about raising teens somewhere in the blogosphere. If you’d ever been interested in contributing to More to Be (www.moretobe.com), I’d love to have your voice join our team. Feel free to email me for more information if you are interested and I’ll give you the details.
Why in the world do we still have to have blemishes in our 40s??? 🙂 I would love to pop in on your site some time -what a kind offer. I’m a little swamped starting a new job right now, but I’ve written down your info for maybe in a month or so. Thanks for the invite!
Comments are closed.