Here is the sequence of events:
- My heartfelt prayer that God will help me love and show great care for my new Spanish students.
- Looking in the bathroom mirror the night before the school open house, when I will meet all of these students for the first time.
- Seeing humongous zit on chin. Horror.
- The Spirit whispers to my soul, Remember what it was like to be a teenager? The insecurity? The end-of-the-world blemish on prom night?
- A more passionate prayer that God will help me care about these students.
- Thanking God for the zit.
Question for the day: What difficulties might God have allowed or be allowing in your life, in order to build your compassion for others?
“The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.” (Psalm 145:9 NIV)