We celebrated a hearty meal at Famous Dave’s yesterday, to celebrate the birthday of my twin nephews. I always get the Georgia pulled pork sandwich, with a side of mashed potatoes, if you care to know.
On the way home, I pulled up to the stoplight where there is always a panhandler.
You never know their story, but I was full and thought this guy should have lunch, too, so I slipped him some cash at the light. His name was Joe, and he was glad it wasn’t as windy as it was on Sunday. I told him I would pray for him while I went on my way.
Now it’s Monday morning, and as I think of Joe I’m so thankful to have a job today. So I thought maybe I’d prime the pump for all of us to head into Monday thankful.
Five Reasons I’m Thankful to Work Today:
- God designed us to work for six days of every week, so that means I’m doing exactly what he had in mind.
- My body is healthy and strong enough to tackle the job, and I don’t take that for granted.
- I will not have to panhandle to have money for dinner tonight.
- I’ve been praying that God would help me mature in character, and work of any kind gives me opportunities to do that.
- Work brings reward. “From the fruit of their lips people are filled with good things, and the work of their hands brings them reward.” (Proverbs 12:14 NIV)
Why are you thankful to work today?