Be the Sign
I am a sign snob.
I think it’s because I wrangle words all day long. When I drive by signage around town I critique every one.
Wrong spelling. (Oh please, people, use a dictionary.)
Yesterday morning I was running an errand, and I drove by one of those “Ten Commandment” signs. I’m sure you’ve seen them around.
My critique was this: We should BE that sign.
When people hang out with me, I want them to observe these 10 things:
- I worship the God of Israel.
- Nothing is more important to me than my relationship with God.
- When I say “God” or “Jesus” it sounds like I’m in love and in awe.
- I am a physically and spiritually rested person.
- I treat my parents with great honor.
- It breaks my heart to hurt anyone, and I would certainly never do it on purpose.
- My marriage is sacred.
- I take nothing that doesn’t belong to me (even the pen I use at the bank).
- I would never say a false word against my neighbor.
- I have no desire to own what other people have.
Does your life communicate the glory of God’s commandments found in Exodus 20:3-17?
This is an awesome blogpost! Thank you for sharing. I cut & pasted it (with your info) to my personal journal for further thought (so I don’t forget it!). I’ve also shared it via Twitter and email. Keep up the good job of reflecting Jesus Christ. 🙂
You are encouraging me deeply with these words. Thank you so much. Thank God for his rich word that touches our souls right where we need it!
Comments are closed.